Old 14-07-2004, 01:15 PM
tim chandler

Default OT letter to terrorists

You're certainly entitled to your (mistaken) opinions. I believe we are
taking steps to eliminate or at least reduce terrorism. Saddam was part of
the problem (certainly not part of the solution!). And I also believe that
we'll adjust our tactics and strategy to what works best over time.

OTOH people like you have no solutions to offer, just carping criticism.
That's certainly allowed too, I just choose to cast my vote for substance
over style, and solutions over conspiracy theories and whining.

Tim

"PlainBill" wrote in message
Tim, Tim, Tim,

You just don't get it. It's sad, but something seems to have escaped
you.

First of all, attacking Iraq had very little to do with attacking
terrorism. That was the stated goal, and MIGHT have been the actual
purpose, but it has been pretty well proven that Saddam Hussein was a
brutal dictator, and murdered hundreds of thousands of Iraqi citizens.
However, as a terrorist, he was pretty pathetic. His worst act seems
to have been paying $10,000 rewards to the families of Palestinian
suicide bombers.

No one doubts he had ambitions, but a decade of UN sanctions pretty
well destroyed the ability to do anything.

But more important, warfare changes. World War I style trench
warfare was ineffective against World War II armored attacks (France).
World War II style warfare was ineffective against guerilla warfare (
Cuba - [No, we didn't fight a war in Cuba, Batista lost one to
Castro], Vietnam).

Now we are engaged in a battle against terrorists. And the
techniques which are so effective against armies don't work against
terrorists. All we are doing is providing the weapons and motivation
for more terrorism. And the weapons are the minor part of the
problem. You seem to keep forgetting that bin Laden's weapons were
box cutters, flight training schools, and airliners.

You say that 'we must stamp them out.' But unless we are going to
destroy their peoples completely, we CAN'T stamp them out.

PlainBill

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:58:56 GMT, "tim chandler"
wrote:

"PlainBill" typed slowly, with many errors :
"don't have an effective plan to restore a stable government to the
country"...

Gosh, yes, it's already been several *months* and they don't have a

standard
of living or peace and tranquility like we do yet! Yet you liberals are
also the ones complaining that we are engineering everything over

here -
you can't have it both ways, you can't complain that we are running the

war
and their government for Haliburton and Big Oil, but it's just not
effective - if it were the case that the war is all about oil, you should

be
GLAD the plan isn't effective! Especially since what liberals want most,

is
failure, not success in Iraq.

It's their country, we gave it back to them, and now it's up to them -

it's
going to take longer than the short attention span that you on the left
have, before things improve. It's a total upheaval for them. It took

years
for Germany and Japan to get back on an even keel.

As far as getting news from Fox, they *are* the less biased source -

anyone
who thinks that PBS, ABC, NBC, CBS, NY Times, Wash Post, LA Times, etc.

etc.
are objective and unbiased and balanced, is really living in a
mainstream-media controlled dreamworld.

"PlainBill" continued his rant:

"Stick you own head in the sand. George Bush, Dick Cheney, and the
rest of the Republican leadership have done more to foster terrorism
than they have done to limit it. Over and over again, we find out we
have been misled, either deliberately or by their incompetence."

They have had to rely on intelligence - intelligence that was cut
drastically in the 90s by your buddy Clinton. They all felt all we

needed
to do was to watch from above with satellites and listen in on cell phone
conversations! There were not even any agents on the ground to provide
intelligence, the cutbacks were so severe.

And if you believe that the Democrats would have done more to stop
terrorism, other than by trying to appease it, you just provide further
proof of your own limited perception. In fact, the Bush administration

is
actively and effectively fighting terrorism - again, it's just not a

problem
that can be solved overnight. You liberals really need to work on the
attention span thing!