Old 14-07-2004, 01:19 PM
Mogweed

Default Soapy water

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
m...
I recently was given some plants and bulbs. I put them in several 5

gallon
buckets and treated with PP to kill any unwanted critters or bacteria.

One
I missed and in just 2 days it had started to develope a film similar to
your picture and stunk. I would agree with Phiserman it is probably
bacterial growth developing from decomposing organic matter in your pond.
Clean it out and change the water.
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

"Mogweed" wrote in message
We seem to have developed soapy water. The waterfall has been running

24/7
since December and we have no fish in the pond yet. There aren't many

plants
at the moment as a friend said he would give us lots but he is off work

sick
at the moment, but there are 4 oxygenators under the surface as well as

what
you can see.

We had a terrible problem with blanketweed and someone recommended a
barleystraw bale which worked a treat and has been in there for about

two
months. As the soapy water only appeared about a week ago I don't think

it
can be down to that. And I also think it's extremely unlikely that

anyone
has put detergent in there, so just what can be causing this and how do

get rid of it?

To see what I mean, have a look he
http://www.btinternet.com/~herbie/pond.htm

Cheers,

Herbie.

Cheers Newbie Bill. I'm going to do it next week.

Herbie.