Old 14-07-2004, 01:38 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Gardeners critical over slug protection laws HOORAH

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...11/nslug11.xml
| A new animal welfare law that will offer slugs and snails the same
| protection as cats and dogs was condemned by gardeners yesterday.
|
| This is only the start. It will also be illegal to pull up weeds that
| are food plants for caterpillars or greenfly. The only solution for
| councils who run municipal gardens will be to concrete them over.
|
| This rubbish has made the Dutch national press, oh how they larfed.

Quite.

Once upon a time, the Daily Torygraph was the mouthpiece of the
establishment Right, but was at least a vaguely respectable
newspaper. It seems to have been renamed the Daily Trollograph
and become the mouthpiece of the less intelligent wing of the
Little Englanders.

I am not at all surprised that Pete the Troll reads it - as all
you humans will know, that crude forgery didn't emanate from me.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.