Old 14-07-2004, 01:38 PM
tuin man

Default Hampton Court 7th July

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from "tuin man" contains these

words:

It was truly terrible - I'm usually pretty tolerant of poor telly, but

turned this off.

Victoria

I only saw snippets, so can't comment (but I like the music). I just

noticed
the silence here.

I noticed the resounding silence too. What's more, I've been asking RL
gardening acquaintances of they watched it, and no they didn't..same as
me. Chelsea was bad; the thought of Diarmuid Gavin as HC presenter was
the final straw. I knew what that would mean :-(.

TV media are in deep, deep trouble when prime-time programming is
ignored by a target audience which happens to be the largest, highest
spending leisure activity group in the UK. We are hugely valuable to TV
advertisers; they won't pay to be ignored by us. That's terrible news to
production companies, including the BBC, who hope to sell their
programmes to the worldwide market.

Janet.

Yes but what is it that has started the rot.
In my prevoius post, what I was getting elluding to and enquiring is
whether or not, there is a possibility that the interests of the target
audience is being attended to in a kind of secondary chore manner by the
production companies, staffed as they may be, by those who are more
interested in fawning over their own field of expertise in a blinkered, sort
of; navel gazing kind of way?
If so, then should not the target of our grumbling be directed at specific
(naming) directors etc, rather than the Diarmuids & co?

Patrick