Old 14-07-2004, 01:38 PM
Wilson Woods

Default HOW YOU CAN HELP stop fishing?

Brian Smith wrote:
Humans have NOT 'evolved to eat meat'. It's NOT good for you!

Patently FALSE; in fact, a lie. Humans ARE
biologically and anatomically adapted to eating some
meat, and meat in reasonable quantities is VERY good
for you.

No academically credentialed anthropologist or
biologist believes that humans aren't evolved as meat
eaters, and very few doctors believe that humans
shouldn't eat meat at all for good health. Yours is a
distinctly minority position based on religious faith
and politics rather than science. YOU CAN'T DO SCIENCE.

Exactly as I said, humans evolved to eat meat, and we have teeth designed
for eating meat!

Our teeth are well adapted - I don't believe in
"design" in this manner - for eating a wide range of
foods. In fact, our teeth and the rest of our anatomy
are *not* well adapted to eating large quantities of
meat, especially the raw meat that would have been
consumed at the time of the appearance of the homo
genus. As you note, though, moderate portions of meat
are extremely beneficial to human health. Very few
people in medicine dispute this, and those who do are
going against their medical training in order to make a
polemical point.

These newsgroups are not supposed to be about
discussion of the anatomy of humans or the nutritional
value of meat. They're supposed to be concerned with
the (alleged) ethical issues concerning human use of
animals. The idiot Lesley can't discuss that, though,
so for some bizarre reason she veers off into
discussion of other stuff she ALSO doesn't know,
specifically science. It's a weird sort of piling-on,
isn't it? Sort of: "...and *another* thing: meat is
bad for you!" Well, she's wrong - small portions of
meat are good for you - and it isn't "another" thing,
because she in particular has never established any
FIRST thing, i.e. that human use of animals is wrong.

Eating it in small quantities is beneficial, particularly to the immune
system.
Like you said, vegetarian/vegans base there opinions on religious/political
beliefs. What annoys me is that they condemn and put pressure on, others who
do not share their opinion!

That's because they are totalitarian in their thinking.
Fortunately for the rest of us, they are impotent,
ineffectual little crybabies, too, so they seldom act
on their totalitarian impulses.