Old 14-07-2004, 01:40 PM
ned

Default What to kill tree stump?

"Bob H" wrote in message
Hi,
I have 2 oldish tree stumps in my front garden and each year

they
start to produce shoots which grow quite well. I don't want the

shoots
to grow and I have to keep cutting them back, so I was wondering

what
could I use to kill off the stump. It is in the back of a
flowerbed/border so whatever I use it would have to be carefully

done.

I have had success in stump killing by drilling holes in the stump,
filling them with diesel, and covering as previously recommended.
Killing the stump is one thing. Waiting for it to rot away is
something else. But if they are at the back of the border, perhaps
that is no big deal.

--
ned
http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk