Old 14-07-2004, 03:03 PM
David Hare-Scott

Default Whats difference between pulverized and hydrated lime?

"Jim Carlock" wrote in message
news
I don't know nothing about nothing... just reading along and
doing some research myself.

So correct me if the links I'm placing are wrong:
http://www.organiclandcare.org/stand...ducts_pest.htm

Indicates that there is hydrated calcium hydroxide as well as
calcium hydroxide. Plain calcium hydroxide is sometimes called
"hot lime". Hot lime should NOT be used for anything according
to that link. Hydrated calcium hydroxide is designated to be
used in a restricted manner as a fungicide only.

Not quite. "Hot" lime or quicklime is calcium oxide. If you add water you
get calcium hydroxide (slaked lime) and heat. That's why its called hot
lime. There is only one form of calcium hydroxide (chemically speaking)
although it might be of various levels of purity and ground up to finer or
coarser levels.

That web site seems quite confused on this matter.

David