Old 14-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Doug Kanter

Default wowowo

"escapee" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 02:51:32 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

opined:

Your point about Iraq is well taken, but here, the odds are high that the
army would be told to spare the buildings, since a fairly large

percentage
of the biggest ones are owned by Republicans. I think small arms would be
the tools of choice for the coup d'etat.

Our neighbor is a police officer and he told us to buy a shotgun and a 38.

I am
extremely squeamish about buying any of these things. I am so tired of

this
administration feeding us a line of bullshit and putting us (not me or

anyone
with both sides of the brain) in this fear mode, continuously. They tell

us
there will definitely be a terrorist attack, they don't know where or

when, and
they won't raise the "color" on the "alert" chart. I mean, what are we,

idiots?
Now they may postpone the election? I used to love our country. I

suppose I
still do. I love the geography, topography, parks, highways, etc. I

strongly
dislike this administration. Not a redeeming lot in the bunch.

Victoria

Buy weapons to use against which terrorists? The young, male Middle Eastern
guys, or Bush's crew, when he finally loses his mind and steps over the
line?

By the way, a .38 would be a mistake. As your cop friend what he carries on
duty. You want something closer to that. And, find a gun club & take a
safety course. Many clubs have informal pistol shooting nights for
"civilians". There are quite a few women involved, too. At mine, I have yet
to run into the "gun culture", as depicted by the Brady bunch. No guys who
wear camo every time they go out for a loaf of bread. :-) These nights are
billed as "matches" for points, but in fact, much time is spent helping each
other overcome shooting mistakes, and fine-tune safety habits.