Old 14-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Aaron Hicks

Default Let's Start a Good Idea, Tips Thread.

Although not a tag *color* suggestion, a very practical and useful
idea is to double-tag each plant that merits it. One tag goes in the side
(in the usual place), and the other goes into the pot- all the way down at
the bottom, where it gets no light and very little chance of being pulled
at and hastily returned (to the wrong pot, usually) by some careless
admirer.

Second tip is to skip the Sharpie pens, which fade to illegibility
in a matter of months or weeks. Pencil is better. However, for those that
insist on using pens, the Sakura "Ident-I-Pen" markers work very, very
well. Art stores carry these archival-quality pens for a couple of bucks;
I have one that still writes after 3 years. Writes on glass, metal,
plastic, etc. just like a Sharpie.

E-mail address in the header isn't valid. Send no e-mail there.

Cheers,

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ