Old 14-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Mick Fournier

Default caring for ....Ghost Orchid Polyrrhiza Lindenni

Johnny B,

Pictures and info:
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f.../ghostpix.html

Deflasking:
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...qanda.html#Q21

Purchasing:
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...log.html#Ghost

Lately I have just been tying ghost orchids bare into teak and cedar baskets
and they have been doing well without any additional growing media. Ghost
orchids are in bloom now in Florida.

Mick Fournier
HBI, Producers of Fine Orchids in Flask
www.OrchidFlask.com

==================================

"Johnny B" wrote in message
om...
Hello all,

I'm pretty new to orchids and like alota people I've taking a liking
to the (Polyrrhiza Lindenni). I live on the east coast (new jersey
area) and would like to purchase roots that were deflasked from ebay
(or anywhere for that matter). I would like to know if it is very
unlikely that this orchid will bloom where I live. How tough it would
be to care for it properly in order to give it the best chance of
blooming. Also, if a greenhouse was necessary....and lastly what
precautions I would have to take. All info welcome. Thanks in
advance!