Old 14-07-2004, 08:10 PM
Bill Stock

Default Pond Edging Finish

"2pods" wrote in message
I already posted in alt.garden.pond.chat but this ng seems a livier place,
so I'll try again :-)

Well, it nearly killed me, but I now have a raised pond.
(apart from the disaster with the liner when the rocks holding the liner
fell in and holed it. Doh !)
It's rectangular, made from sleepers which are lined with heavy poly,'cos
they were full of creosote.

I'm having trouble picturing your pond, is it straight down at the edges? Is
it completely above ground or is it buried in a mound? What's a sleeper,
railway ties? Since the rocks hold the liner, what's the edging holding?

However, we're about to top it off with some wood, but I'm at a loss at

how
to treat it.
Can't use creosote as we want fish, How about cuprinol ?

The top wood would never touch the water, but I'm worried about run off

from
rain, pond overflow etc

Peter