Old 14-07-2004, 10:03 PM
tom hooper

Default share garden progress report

I grow everything in big pots. Have 13 tomatoes, 10 peppers, eight
eggplant, 3 garlic chives, oregano, thyme, sage, marjoram,and a tea rose.
Already harvested a dozen ichiban eggplant, several dozen cherry
tomatoes, and half dozen big ones, three red bells, 9 green bells, a
dozen habinarios, masses of oregano (drying in garage), several bunches
of chives.
Looks like another dozen green bells, a couple dozen cherry toms, half
a dozen big reds, half a dozen ichibans, and another handful of
habinaros this weekend.
As usual I mix my own soil with homemade compost, put a couple of
eggshells and a banana peel in the bottom of each hole, and when I
fertilize I use Epsoma products. Occationally foliar spray with
kelp/fish mixture (stinky) and epsom salt mixture to promote pepper
fruiting.
Life without gardening is like... well, I can't imagine anything that
terrible.

VR,
Tom