Old 14-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Celeste Evans

Default Sighting Honey Bees

In article , Beecrofter
wrote:

OSPAM2D (NOSPAM2DAYJennifer Summers) wrote in message
I spotted honey bees in the garden for the first time in several years.
What a
welcoming sight.

jennifer summers

Trust me they are not wild.
Someone within a mile or two is keeping managed colonies.
The mites are endemic coast to coast and feral colonies last barely
one winter, if that.

There is a hive of bees in my back yard that took up residence several
years ago. They are living in a ceramic sculpture that I made. They are
not managed at all. Your statement makes me wonder if I should be doing
something to assist them. I do greatly enjoy their being there. I am in
Austin TX.

Cea