Old 15-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Lauren

Default 'Native Seeds' catalog in Zones 9-10

I'm a beginning gardener! I've had tons of success with large
container gardening in my BARREN Vegas backyard. I bought all my
edibles as seedlings at a local nursery... tomatoes, peppers, squash,
green beans and eggplants. If I plant by Feb and harvest late
May-June, everything's fine. BUT, I want to continue growing stuff
throughout the summer and notice the nurseries never sell
seedlings/seeds for edibles that are tolerant of southwest conditions.
So, I came across a catalog provided by a non-profit group called
Native Seed Search that sells seeds for a variety of edibles that are
more heat/drought tolerant than your average plants. Anyone have luck
growing in the southwest June-Sept?? With Native Seed company?