Old 15-07-2004, 12:03 AM
kenty ;-\)

Default potting media

I find the white polystyrene packing material broken into pieces takes some
beating,you should be able to get this anywhere, anytime.

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.
"Ray" wrote in message
Basically, the scheme behind polystyrene "peanuts" is:

white = virgin polystyrene and OK
green = recycled and OK
pink = coated for antistatic purposes, avoid like the plague
light blue = coated to make the antistatic for handling only, apparently

OK

Avoid the figure-8's, avoid those that look like white/beige small dog

turds.

. . . . . . . . . . .
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
nk.net...
Good point, Sue. Fortunately, I learned early on to test 'em out. The
figure 8's are usually brutal.

Diana

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:32:18 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Todd,

Aren't you in Vero Beach? If so, Odom's is not far from you. As far

as
the
peanuts, you can get 'em at Staples or other similar outlets.

Diana

I use them all the time. Be careful. The colored ones do not
play nice. The figure 8 shape tend to collapse and get nasty.

Some nice smooth S shaped ones I got once were the Corn
biodegradable ones that melt when wet. Boy was that a shock.
A friend had saved a whole big bag from "work" and they were all
corn starch.
SuE