Old 15-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Streams or Screams?

You don't have a pond! Huuuuuh! You have a lake! L A K E I say!

And one day soon, I will bring my sail boat, a hammer and saw and build the
dock we talked about and sail my boat on your L A K E! ;-)

(PS: Yes BV I forgot to take my medication(s) this morning)

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"SVTKate" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Hey Tim,
The way our pond is designed it fills with the run off from the property.
The whole place 'funnels' down to the pond.
If it didn't there wouldn't be any water in the pond. ;¬(

Kate

"tim chandler" wrote in message
| Kate,
|
| Sounds like a great plan! Just one caution, where the water naturally
runs
| is not always the best place to put your pond or stream - generally you

do
| not want runoff going into your system, it brings with it dirty water,
| debris and any minerals, chemicals, etc. that it's picked up along the
way.
| You can still use the slope, but I wouldn't make your streambed be in

the
| same place as the natural runoff. With a long stream, you could put in
lots
| of plants as a veggie filter to help keep your water in great shape.
|
| Happy Ponding!
| Tim C.
|
| "SVTKate" wrote in message
| news | It's me again.
|
| Having too much time on ones hands to work out in the 'yard' makes the
| imagination run amok with ideas for making the whole place look like a
| wooded wonderland.
|
| Having the pocketbook of a retiree, makes one's imagination often come
| screaming, frustrated halt in nothing short.
|
| I have been looking at my place and thinking that I would like a

little
| stream. There is no natural running water but if it were to run from

up
by
| the house to the pond (call it 200 yards as a rough guess) it has an
| already
| natural pathway from where the rain runoff travels.
|
| If you do a stream, do you have to do filters and all of that?
| Are the pumps expensive to purchase and operate?
| What are the real ups and downs of manmade streams?
| Do you think it feasible with the distance I am dreaming of?
| Are they terribly involved to build or can you just dig a ditch, put
some
| rocks in to prevent erosion and turn it on?
|
| Thanks folks for hearing my stupid questions and not throwing me in

the