Old 15-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Jim Carlock

Default Hungarian Wax Pepper Color

Thanks for the comment, Sue,

The peppers I have start out yellow. They are never
green. They're currently turning orange and I imagine
in another week or less they'll be red.

I was playing around with a seed earlier today and I
discovered that I need to wash my hands after I open
up a dried pepper... because I had an itch on the inside
of my eye and then I found out that the burning sensation
that you feel in your mouth can be felt in your eyes as well.

:-)

One more question... I'm new at this... If I want to replant
these, what do I have to do with the seeds to make them
useable/reuseable ?

--
Jim Carlock
http://www.911forthetruth.com/

"SugarChile" wrote:
I grow Hungarian "semi-hots". In my experience they are hotter when
green/yellow. When they ripen and turn red, they still have some heat, but
they are sweeter and the flavor is more complex.

Last fall, I picked and froze any immature peppers that were left before an
imminent killing frost, and they were blistering hot, at least by my
standards.
--
Cheers, Sue
www.suereno.com

"Jim Carlock" wrote:
Is a Hungarian wax banana pepper hotter when red or
yellow ?
--
Jim Carlock