Old 15-07-2004, 05:02 AM
dkat

Default Soapy water

Has there been any dirt that may have gotten into the pond (local
construction, run off from yard work, etc)? Dirt will make foam.

"Mogweed" wrote in message
We seem to have developed soapy water. The waterfall has been running 24/7
since December and we have no fish in the pond yet. There aren't many

plants
at the moment as a friend said he would give us lots but he is off work

sick
at the moment, but there are 4 oxygenators under the surface as well as

what
you can see.

We had a terrible problem with blanketweed and someone recommended a
barleystraw bale which worked a treat and has been in there for about two
months. As the soapy water only appeared about a week ago I don't think it
can be down to that. And I also think it's extremely unlikely that anyone
has put detergent in there, so just what can be causing this and how do I
get rid of it?

To see what I mean, have a look he
http://www.btinternet.com/~herbie/pond.htm

Cheers,