Old 15-07-2004, 06:09 AM
BAC

Default mystery pond fish ?

"Dermuid" wrote in message

"mich" wrote in message
:
: In message , Ged
: writes
: I have a small pond in my garden inhabited these last 5 years by 5
: goldfish.While feeding them today a stranger came to the surface to
feed
: !.
: It was a black fish about 2 inches long, fast moving and surface
feeding,
: how it got there I do not know !.
: Can anyone identify it for me please?, maybe I can buy it some

friends
of
: its own species !
:
: You need to congratulate the proud parents of this young fish. Throw

them
: some extra fish food.
:
:
Nonsense, if they did breed there would be more than one fish extra, the
pond would be full of fry.

Maybe it is and he hasn't noticed them - tiny black fish can be difficult to
spot. Maybe it was and most have perished. Of course, there are lots of
possible ways a 'stranger' may have been introduced, but they are all less
likely than some normal spawning activity amongst the original residents.