Old 15-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Glenna Rose

Default Help! Pool Spilled

writes:
I have one of those inflatable ring type above ground pools for the kids
and
all was going well until tonight when my son overfilled it and collapsed
the
ring.

Yep .... about 400 - 500 gallons of treated pool water flooding my yard
and
garden. The garden is partially raised bed with a 2X4 border so a total
washout didn't occur but it did overflow the wood and a lot of water got
into the planting bed.

Question .... will the pool chemicals kill my plants or is the dilution
enough to be ok? .... the clorine was about 2 - 3 PPM according to the
last
test this morning and the PH was about 7.0 - 7.2.

Plants hit are tomato, cabbage, cauliflour, peppers, zucs, and cucumber.

Anything I can do to remediate?

Thanks for your thoughts.

If it damages your plants, your concerns should be for the people using
the pool! Remember, there should be nothing toxic in the pool since that
water does get into people's mouths/eyes/noses continuously.

Must have been a sight, all the water suddenly released.

Glenna