Old 15-07-2004, 10:02 AM
PlainBill

Default OT letter to terrorists

Jan,

Your response was uncalled for.

You described an action that smacks of 'Ugly American', and I
denounced it as such. Calling it an experiment in no way dignifies it.
It being done by someone serving in a war zone does not excuse it.
Frankly, I would find such behavior inexcusable from a six year old.

In simple terms, "An adult does not make a mess and expect others to
clean it up". And especially, "An adult does not tease other adults
for failing to clean up a mess he himself made."

PlainBill

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 05:38:47 GMT, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

Wow Bill, did you spit on the Nam vets too?

In your defense perhaps you got confused with the initials ING and thought
my son was guarding prisoners? My son is guarding the area where the Iraqis
are being trained for the Iraqi National Guard (ING). So they are learning
how to shoot those same guns my son carries. No, he doesn't stand around
teasing them as he's usually sleeping when they're training, as guard duty
is a swing or graveyard shift. He was just conducting an experiment at the
time.

Anyway, guarding is the least of his duties, he has put together a network
so all the US troops stationed there now have internet connections in their
buildings to run their computers, they either shipped to them (or they
brought with them).... but then I'm not out to impress you. I don't think
you're open minded enough, since you got the impression I had some sort of
argument in my first post when there was none (at least intended). ~ jan

"PlainBill" wrote:

Frankly, neither your arguments nor your son impress me.

Come on, that's just a little nasty. If you want to debate, fine, but I
don't see that comment moving along an open dialogue.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.