Old 15-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Dermuid

Default mystery pond fish ?

"mich" wrote in message
:
: "Dermuid" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "mich" wrote in message
: ...
: :
: : In message , Ged
: : writes
: : I have a small pond in my garden inhabited these last 5 years by 5
: : goldfish.While feeding them today a stranger came to the surface to
: feed
: : !.
: : It was a black fish about 2 inches long, fast moving and surface
: feeding,
: : how it got there I do not know !.
: : Can anyone identify it for me please?, maybe I can buy it some
: friends
: of
: : its own species !
: :
: : You need to congratulate the proud parents of this young fish. Throw
: them
: : some extra fish food.
: :
: :
: Nonsense, if they did breed there would be more than one fish extra, the
: pond would be full of fry.
:
: My arent you the humourless one?
:
: Firstly we do not know if the OP has more than one such fish .
: He has a sighting that suggests a young fish.

Learn to read then, 1 black fish reported, not 2 or 3, or half a dozen.

:
: That fish either
: a) bred in the pond from the existing stock ( most likely) or
: b) has been introduced by some outside source ( less likely).
: c) you are an idiot (more likely)
: The anthropomorphism is simply my way of suggesting a natural occurance -
: ie he has young fish in the pond.
:
:
: