Old 15-07-2004, 01:16 PM
mich

Default mystery pond fish ?

"Dermuid" wrote in message

"mich" wrote in message
:
: "Dermuid" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "mich" wrote in message
: ...
: :
: : In message , Ged
: : writes
: : I have a small pond in my garden inhabited these last 5 years by

5
: : goldfish.While feeding them today a stranger came to the surface

: feed
: : !.
: : It was a black fish about 2 inches long, fast moving and surface
: feeding,
: : how it got there I do not know !.
: : Can anyone identify it for me please?, maybe I can buy it some
: friends
: of
: : its own species !
: :
: : You need to congratulate the proud parents of this young fish. Throw
: them
: : some extra fish food.
: :
: :
: Nonsense, if they did breed there would be more than one fish extra,

the
: pond would be full of fry.
:
: My arent you the humourless one?
:
: Firstly we do not know if the OP has more than one such fish .
: He has a sighting that suggests a young fish.

Learn to read then, 1 black fish reported, not 2 or 3, or half a dozen.

As other posters have pointed out - sighting one fish does not exclude the
existence of others since small black fast moving fish can be difficult to
spot.
reasons have also been given as to why this fish may be a single fish. I
will not bother to repeat them.

: c) you are an idiot (more likely)

Ok sherlock.

Why pick on me? I said nothing different to anyone else - or are you
suggesting we are all idiots here? In which case maybe you should seek out
a different company to which you might be better suited.

I for one will not be bothering to either read or reply to your posts in
future.