Old 31-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Biobugs/nitrIte

I'd *love* to do that, but in my ignorance last year, when Spring came
around, I lost half my fish. I don't do that any more. For a "relaxing"
hobby, I spend a lot of time obsessing about my fish, their health, and
their water quality. Not so relaxing, but I have beautiful, healthy fish.

Just for grins and giggles: how large is your pond, and how many fish do you
have in it?

Lee

"volts500" wrote in message
m...

Hi Lee. Put your thermometer, test kit, and Amquel on a shelf.......enjoy
your fish :-) JMHO, but........seriously. I don't use any of those

items
(or a heater) and I'm not having any problems........I even exchanged the
lava rock in the biofilter with store bought bioballs the day before the
first "Artic blast" (lightly cleaned the sponge filters) Even the Plec*o
is doing fine. Still feeding too (although not as heavy). I do use
Canadian peat (3.4 pH) though, to keep the pH down as the ammonia is only
toxic to the fish in a high pH environment.