Old 15-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Alan Holmes

Default HOW YOU CAN HELP stop fishing?

The followup is made to uk.test as this isp will not permit me to
post to such a large number of groups without a followup.

I would like to know the significance of posting this to uk.rec.gardening,
as some of us actually keep animals to kill and eat.

"Derek Moody" wrote in message
I used to be a great fisherman, charter boats and supply fishing gear.
It wasn't until my boat sunk through neglect, almost killing five
customers that I realized how shallow, selfish and cruel fishing was.
We turn a beautiful, tranquil, natural setting into a horrendous
bloodsport and dont even realise it, how dumb can we really be, that
we never even think of the fish and other wildlife? Perhaps we know we
are just kidding ourselves?

I think of my tummy and how to fill it!

1. Tell your friends (especially any that go angling) what happens
to fish when they are caught

They die and they are cooked to feed someone to keep them alive!

6. Don't eat fish.

Why on earth not, fish and chips are a delicasy.

7. Extend your compassion for fish to other animals and take a
vegetarian or vegan diet. A vegetarian eats no meat, fish, fowl or
slaughterhouse by-products such as gelatine or animal fat.

Man is not, at present, designed to live a healthy life on vegetables alone.

Why Vegetarian?
Did you realise that on average meat eaters eat 5 cows, 29
sheep, 822 poultry, 20 pigs and half a tonne of fish in their
lifetime?

Sounds wonderful, nothing better than a good roast.

Most of these animals are kept in close confinement with
many other animals causing extreme distress and boredom to the animal.

Perhaps you should be concetrating on improving their living
conditions rather than destroy all these species, which is what
would hapen if the maniacs who try to stop us eaating meat
would do.

All are brutally killed.

Not quite true some are brutally killed, mainly in the name of extreem
religions, but those killed for most of us are killed humanly.

So Why Vegan?
Calves are torn away from their mothers at one or two days
of age so that we can have milk. Their mothers are overworked and
treated as breeding milk machines. They are kept permanently pregnant
so that they will provide more milk.

So you want to eradicate all cattle and not have any on this earth at all.

Birds kept for eggs are usually
confined in battery cages where they can barely stretch their wings.

Not free range hens.

Most people keeping birds for eggs, even free range, will kill male
birds.

So?

If the numbers of male birds were to increase by large numbers,
they would be fighting amoungst themselves and do each other
more harm than controlling the numbers, just like human beings
in fact!

Alan