Old 15-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Ignoramus23926

Default Making a good firepit out a 55 gallon steel drum

Bad news. I called our fire department and they pretty much said that
a firepit like that would be illegal here. So is burning brush. What a
bummer. I can understand them, sort of, from a fire safety
perspective, but I am upset.

Since I already have some not so kosher things on my property
(chickens), I would prefer not to attract attention to myself.

I hoped to have a firepit in the drum because it would be fun and
practicable to burn stuff, but, it would attract too much attention.
Plus, it would remind me of our summer house where I spent my
childhood summers.

The sad part of livings amongst "uptight" white people obsessed with
"property values", I guess.

I will probably buy some UL listed cute firepit in the fall, when they
become available, even though a barrel would be much better for me.

I really like the smell of burning brush and leaves.