Old 15-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Ignoramus23926

Default Making a good firepit out a 55 gallon steel drum

In article , Auntie Em wrote:
"DBM" wrote in message

The CDC has guidelines on building a 'drum' incinerator in their
'Viral Haemorrhagic Fevers' Manual - this manual is designed for use
in Low-Tech situations as might be found in a Third-World setting, or
more specifically, in remote African locales threatened by Ebola.

LOL I guess that makes rural Missouri pretty close to third-world since most
country folks have themselves a "burnie barrel" or two. It sure beats
paying $45 a quarter for some city fella to come and collect our garbage,
and one thing for sure, no stranger is getting ahold of "personal
information" that they could use for identity theft.

Country life is good.

Em

I am so ****ing envious, my chickens live here in hiding, like Jews
hiding during holocaust, I cannot have a goat, a burn barrel, shoot
raccoons with a rifle, etc etc... How upsetting. Yes, I know that
"I must accept personal responsibility for not living where I want",
etc etc, but, well, I am still longing for a less constrained life.