Old 15-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Yikes !!! (Leeches) Help

"Bette E" wrote in message
I found leeches in my veggie filter.
The gal who built it for me, put in a few sm. cat tails from a wild
pond, near her home. (I didn't know where they came from till tonight.)
I assumed they came from her own pond. All other plants came from from
commercial growers.
She has no idea what to do about leeches. Will they kill my lg. goldfish
and shebunkins??
I have a small mouth bass from a fish hatchery, in the pond (to eat
fry). Will the bass eat the leeches? I have no idea how many there are.

snip

I have not had leeches, but in the past other PORG's have suggested that you
float a piece of liver in your pond with a piece of string tied to it. If
the leeches are the blood sucking, critter harming variety, they will latch
on to the liver in no time. You can then fetch them out of the pond with the
string.

BV.