Old 15-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Martin Brown

Default What to kill tree stump?

In message , Bob H
writes
Hi,
I have 2 oldish tree stumps in my front garden and each year they
start to produce shoots which grow quite well. I don't want the shoots
to grow and I have to keep cutting them back, so I was wondering what
could I use to kill off the stump. It is in the back of a
flowerbed/border so whatever I use it would have to be carefully done.

Drill some holes into it and add ammonium sulphamate usually sold as
"Root out". It more or less does what it says on the tin. Big tree roots
take a very long time to rot away so you might want a stump grinder
instead.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown