Old 15-07-2004, 07:03 PM

Default watering advice, ps

In article uke.edu, wrote:

Thank you for the responses to my questions thus far.

I should have clarified that in addition to the drip irrigation system
in place, the owner does water her garden extra on hot days, but she
couldn't really specify how much or when. She plays it by ear. This
is the reason for my asking tri gardeners.

If anybody else changes their watering routine in extra hot weather, I'd
love to hear about it.

Heat is not a real factor unless we are having an extended drought. The
wetness of the ground is the big factor. Now heat will cause potted
plants to dry out, but you need to check the dirt in them also.

I had two dwarf alberta spruces in large pots and did not notice that
the drain holes in one had clogged. A week later I saw it wilting and
it was literally drowning. Lost that one.

spam@
www.spam.com is a garbage address.