Old 15-07-2004, 07:05 PM
hugh

Default clover in lawn

In message , Alan Gould
writes
In article , Japmark
writes
This year I have been overrun with clover in the lawn.
What is the best way to get rid?

Clover is a natural companion plant to grass and it enjoys the same
management as grass. As others have already pointed out, clover releases
nitrogen into the soil each time it is cut off. Our lawn consists of
about 70 percent grass, 20 percent clover and 10 percent wild plants of
types which thrive in lawn management. That gives us a very suitable
family leisure and recreational area, it also acts as a wildlife haven
when we are not using it. We are very happy with it.

Good, and the OP prefers a lawn without it, so why shouldn't he have it
so? No-one is telling you to get rid of your clover are they?
IMHO the notion of a 100 percent fine grass lawn is an illusion put out
by sellers of commercial lawn care preparations. It is seldom achieved
in reality, even by professional green-keepers.

You may be right but who has suggested otherwise?
--
hugh