Old 15-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Lee

Default Layering

"KCnRichmond" wrote in message ...
Oh crap....Now everyone will be going to Home Depot and Lowes getting
clippings for grafting...
Did you know the root graft on roses is a patented root stock? And did you
know further that I have successfully layered a bazillion different plants
off it? Well almost, but what the hell, its fun...

Since i have a problem tossing trimmings in thecompost, i do a lot of
propagating G I really don't know how for the most part, but instead
of throwing away all the trimmings, i trim them a little and stick a
few in the ground and some times they take root and some times they
don't. Usually the best are early Spring or mid fall. i had three
miniature roses to start with and ended up by the time i sold the
property with 9 just from cutings stuck in the ground. but like i
said.. some time it works, other times it doesn't. when someone comes
over and admires a plant, i can usually give them an extra young one.
lee h