Old 15-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Vox Humana

Default Columbine Issues

"LeeAnne" wrote in message
Hi all,

I believe it was last year that I moved my 2 Columbine plants, this year
they are growing like nuts but never flowered. Should I expect blooms

next
year after they are fully settled?

Also, and this could also be affecting bloom . . . I notice on the leaves
there are white track marks - something is living in the leaf, maybe

between
layers? It's like little roadways going every which way. Any ideas on

what
it is and how to get rid of it?

Don't know why they didin't bloom - perhaps too much nitrogen fertalizer.
Columbine self seed readily but the new plants don't boom the first year.
Maybe you transplanted first year plants? Columbine are long past thier
bloom here in SW Ohio. The "track" you see are cloumbine leaf miner. They
won't kill you plants and here we don't ususaly see them until after they
bloom. There is no good treatment that I know of, and anything that might
work would have to be systemic. I would just clean up the folage as it dies
and dispose of it. You can read more he
http://www.griffin.peachnet.edu/ggarden/jun2001p1.html