Old 16-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Bill R

Default Spots on Tomatos

DavesVideo wrote:
As my tomatos ripen, small yellow spots form on the skin, when the tomato is
cut, there are white spots in the flesh.
I supose it is too late to do anything about it, but what has happened? The
cherry tomatos are fine.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave

The problem is often caused by heat stress and uneven
moisture while the tomato is getting ripe. As long as the
leaves of the plant look good, I wouldn't worry about it.
If you see the leaves turing yellow (sometimes with black
spots) it is an indication of tomato blight and that is
something to worry about.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850