Old 16-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Tom Randy

Default Monarda didyma (Bee Balm)

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:00:13 +0000, HA HA Budys Here wrote:

Last spring I planted 2 small 1-gallon samples of Monarda didyma (Bee Balm) in
a partly sunny area which was behind a retaining wall. The backfill behind the
wall was mostly 4 cu. yds. of homemade compost I needed to relocate. This year
the plants look more like large shrubs and have completely overgrown the
surrounding vegitation.

At this point their flower pedals have mostly dropped. Would shaving these down
to about 50% of their current 4' height promote re-growth and re-bloom this
year?

Yup!

If not, will it harm next year's growth?

Nope! I LOVE Bee balm!

Tom