Old 16-07-2004, 01:03 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default OT letter to terrorists

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:29:49 GMT, wrote:

At the time the decision was being made I was hearing from friends who were very much
against going to war against Iraq. But I couldnt decide one way or the other. I
very much believe democracy is good for everyone. I dont believe that any society
snip for brevity

You know Ingrid, that was the best darn speech I've ever heard from you
relying your thoughts, on this soapbox and I especially liked this part....

Maybe, just maybe the Iraqis dont want freedom enough to put their lives on the line.
Maybe they want order and electricity and water every day more than freedom. I dont
know. Freedom and democracy is something gotta burn in your soul and be willing to
fight and die for it. Maybe they dont know what it is, maybe they dont want it. Oh,
they may want it for themselves, but if they dont want to share it with all the
"other" religions, they dont want to share it with women then they dont really want
it like it is burning in their soul.

Very thoughtful and maybe even dead on. Maybe it takes having one's
ancestors cross an ocean in wind powered ships to a new land, plus travel
cross that country in cover wagons to own land, to inherit that burning
need in one's soul? ~ jan