Old 16-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Rick

Default Large Pond question...

Hello,

Russian grass Carp is the ticket for the vegetation. They are sold
sterile and consume MASSIVE amounts of vegatation. Running air is a good
thing too (cheap). shoot an email to the guy at www.koirific.com and ask
about air support.

SVTKate wrote:

Hi Carl,
Gosh, it came with the property!
S far all we have done with it is clean up the dam and tried to fish out the
algea.
We have a small place, only 10.5 acres. On a place that is 100 acres you
could easily put in a pond that was a full acre or more!

The fellow at the sporting goods store told me I should buy some koi for it,
but at this point I am more concerned with the green yuck that is forming as
the water level drops. We are in Tennessee. We have quite a lot of rain (so
far that is) but the level has dropped a couple of feet and continues to do
so. We have no other means of filling it other than runoff from the rain. I
would think that if you have a spring on your property that would be ideal.

Depending on the area where you are planning this, you could have your own
lake if there were water to keep it full!

Kate
PS: Thanks for the kind words