Old 16-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Beecrofter

Default Cuttings from Dutchmans Pipe VIne

(Roy) wrote in message ...
Is it possible to root cuttings from a Dutchmans pipe vine? I do have
root stimulator hormone powder, but would I be wasting my time trying
to root these clippings are they a candidate. I had tried to buy a
vine previously but had no luck, but a person did give me some
cuttings.

Just how does one know what will and what won;t root from a cutting?
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

I have rooted a few cuttings of Aristolochia and what works for me is
a piece of stem with 3 nodes and only one leaf on the center node with
the stem set an inch or so into pearlite and the leaf sticking up. I
have also had one leaf and just a small piece of stem work. The very
ends of the vine don't seem to work but pieces about as fat or fatter
than # 2 pencil lead work ok.
I have not tried bottom heat yet but I bet it would speed things up.