Old 16-07-2004, 03:02 AM
wendy7

Default Washing pots? was Let's Start a Good Idea, Tips Thread.

I take the old used pots & put them in a tub with bleach & water, soak over
night,
then wash with Joy & use a kitchen type pot brush.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

K Barrett wrote:
Anyone have a tip for a quick way to wash out pots? I bought a bunch
of new pots 6" (or larger) for plants that had out grown their pots
and wouldn't ya know it? Now I need a bunch of 3", 4" 5" etc pots
for other plants to move up into. So I'm stuck washing out those old
pots. I get all happy that I have a stock of nice clean pots, sit
down and do some repotting then lo and behold! I got all these dang
dirty pots again!! LOL!! Its a never ending cycle.

I had an epiphany the other day. I came to realize that I had so
dang many old dirty pots (DNODP) that I didn't have to keep any pot
that was a pain in the neck to clean. I recycled any with edges that
grime congregates in, and kept only ones with whatever shape was
straightsided and easy to clean. So that was my only contribution to
making pot cleaning easier.

I tend to like the square plastic pots, only because they don't have
the lip azalea pots have (and tags get stuck on). Plus you can put
more on a bench.

K Barrett

"K Barrett" wrote in message
I've been using a large tub used to mix small batches of concrete
for a potting tub. Holds a lot of medium. Also makes a nice tray
to cart potting materials around in. (Stakes, bark mix, wires, pots,
cutters, torch - you know... all the "stuff") I used to put this
stuff in a kitty litter pan, but it just wasn't large enough.

K Barrett

"Orchidguy" wrote in message
. ..
very good idea!!!!!!!!!!
Todd
"wendy7" wrote in message
For example, when I am potting, I use an old lazy susan.
I put it in a wide flat bowl which catches any spillage & is clean
enough to use.