Old 16-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Lee

Default Layering

William Wagner wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Lee) wrote:
We place rocks or bricks on low lying branches of plants we like.
Sometimes in a year we have a plant that can be cut from the parent
plant. Work's with Rodo's and azaleas .

William(Bill)

excellent way to go, but i'm getting to the point that i don't have a
lot of time left so layering or slipping seems more plausable for me.
I had good sized whips of Althea (which any one can grow and a lot of
people consider them weeds, but not me.... i love them.. ) sprouted
one year by cutting budding whips and letting stand in a bucket f
water with about enough water to cover a cuple iches of the stems.
They rooted in about a month or two and i had a new row of them along
my north property line.

I don't seem to have any luck with Rodo's ..would give my eye teeth to
know what i do wrong. gave up after loosing 3 or 4 of the gallon
plants from the nursery.

i want a live oak tree, but can't afford one that would give shade in
my life time.G oh well, people in hell want ice water, too. we all
want something.
lee h