Old 16-07-2004, 05:05 AM
Steveo

Default Fairy Rings

No, you won't spread it. Aerate the whole lawn at least once
if you're paying for a rental.

The rings won't change much from your aeration job, but the whole
lawn will thank you for it.

The rings will subside a bit when the weather cools off, don't be
fooled into thinking the aeration helped.

btw...we don't aerate untill Septemer, here in Ohio.

"Icarii" wrote:
Just a question
If you aerate will you spread the disease to other parts of the lawn or
are we talking just aerating the effected areas
thanks
Icarii

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote:
Hello, neihbours got major fairy rings. Got a couple just starting to
show on my front yard.

I heard that plug aerating can help.

Anyone heard of this?

Thanks in advance, Dave

It can't hurt, but the only real cure is to remove whatever
is rotting from your subsoil. Tree stumps and home building
debris are the most common culprits for fairy ring.