Old 16-07-2004, 05:06 AM
DaveC

Default Crabgrass

I guess I am stuck until next year then, using a pre-emergent? It is the
entire backyard of a new house, plant by plant is way to much. The builder
let it get wild and also seeded bluegrass and fescue. I hate to till the
whole thing and start over, it's about a 1/4 of an acre. I was hoping
something was out there to get the crabgrass.

"Donald Guzzetta" wrote in message
You can use Roundup to kill the crabgrass the trick is in applying it. You
can get a pair of rubber gloves and put a pair of cloth gloves over them.
Then moisten the glove with roundup mixture. carefully apply the roundup
the grabgrass by grabbing the shoots of the plant, be carefull not to
touch
the anything you want to live!

"DaveC" wrote in message
How can one kill rooted crabgrass this late in the year without killing
everything else around it? Thanks.