Old 16-07-2004, 01:02 PM
GrampysGurl

Default flowerbed mulching help pls

IME that black fabric only works for a year or two because as the organic mulch
breaks down it makes a wonderful area for new plants and weeds to grow. With
gardening there comes weeding but also IME once the plants fill in they tend to
choke out most of the weeds. If I don't see it in my beds aiongst the plants I
don't bother pulling it up unless it is something like violets and those purple
flowers that grow in the lawn like mad, we've always called them forgetmenots
but that's not what they are..... maybe creeping Charlie????
Colleen
Zone 5 CT