Old 16-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Vox Humana

Default ID Ohio shrub please?

"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
It looks like a privet, Ligustrum. You can do some research on the name to

find
the exact species. Most garden centers sell them for hedges. I can't

imagine
why anyone would buy one. Compare Korean lilac.

My thoughts exactly. Every year I hope the one I have dies. It just isn't
that attractive, the flowers are almost inconsequential, and they have a
peculiar odor that I find mildly offensive - sort of like boxwood. The
thing becomes a tangle of suckers and crossing branches. I would much
rather have a crape myrtle, lilac, Japanese maple, oak leaf hydrangea, or
any of the dozens of wonderful vibunums.