Old 16-07-2004, 08:41 PM
Giancarlo Podio

Default Eco-Complete

Actually I was referring to eco-complete. I haven't tried eco-complete
in a low light tank yet, but I've seen how it can effect water
hardness so I'm not sure if anything else is released into the water
that I wouldn't want to be there in a low light tank. Flourite is
working great for me in low light, has been for years, same as onyx
sand but I haven't used it in a while now. I guess if hardness is the
only effect eco-complete has on the water column then it should be
fine, but at the rate I do water changes in my low light tanks, I'd be
a little concerned about hardness constantly going up. Have you had
the same experience with eco-complete? Perhaps it will taper off
gradually, I've only been using eco-complete for around 4 months now.

Regards
Giancarlo Podio

) wrote in message om...
Perhaps for a non CO2 tank a more inert substrate such as
flourite may be an easier choice...

No, not IME or IMO with non CO2.
Flourite is excellent for non CO2 tanks.
I have never had any algae related issues with Onyx, Eco Complete, or
Flourite(6 years now).

Regards,
Tom Barr