Old 16-07-2004, 11:02 PM
escapee

Default Crocosmia Q:

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:49:44 GMT, Frogleg opined:

One original corm has become several large patches of Crocosmia that
are all lying on one another, owing, I suppose, to not having been
actually *planted*. Those that bloomed are finishing up now, and I'd
like to sort them out. So... can I collect 'em before the leaves die
out? Should I re-plant immediately, or put them in the garage for the
winter and plant in spring? How deep to plant? Should I leave the
leaves(!) attached as much as possible, or just collect the corms? Oh
--zone 7b-ish.

You'd have to do a search on cold hardiness, but in my USDA Zone 8b, they are
reliably perennial. I had one small bunch someone gave to me, now I have three
rather nice sized stands.