Old 17-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Greg G.

Default T-12 Reflector Design - FREE PLAN

RedForeman ©® said:

|| Plan: (39kb)
|| http://www.thevideodoc.com/images/T-12Reflector.jpg
|| Short Video of photon reflection: (1200kb)
|| http://www.thevideodoc.com/media/T-12Reflector.mpg
|| Good Luck,
|| Greg G.

I saw something like this on aquabotanic, the bulb was more centered, and
they revised it to look more like this one...

one guy had a bender, and went and made a few... Used some mirrored aluminum
for it, and if I don't say myself, would love to get my little hands on some
of that material....

Never seen that site, but I may take a look.

This design was done by me using modeling software with the primary
criteria of maximizing efficiency, while minimizing width and height.

I have two planted tanks (75g and 29g) and am in the process of
redesigning the hoods for maximum efficiency. The 29g used to be a
mini-reef built into a shop counter with 175w of MH lighting, but when
I moved from Florida, I decided it was too expensive to invest in
marine life this time around. When I moved, I got pennies on the
dollar for killer live rock, corals, and other livestock... :-(

I still yearn for a mini-reef tank, but it's too expensive to set-up
one here - the few shops left in town are REALLY expensive.
I guess I could try mail order... The though of a fragile coral or
fish being tossed around by the idiots who deliver packages here is
not a comforting thought... Most of the packages I receive look like
they were drop-kicked across the country.

Greg G.