Old 17-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Phisherman

Default squirrels stealing tomatoes

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:00:25 -0300, wrote:

Squirrels are swiping all my tomatoes before they have a chance to start
getting ripe. There's nothing around here that eats squirrels, and we
can't shoot 'em. Is there a way to keep them away from the tomatoes?

Alan

We trap squirrels using a Hav-A-Hart trap, baited with a peanut butter
cracker (or any cookie will work). We take the trapped squirrels 10
miles away to a wooded park. After taking 20 squirrels, it takes a
year for the population to return. An electric fence should keep
them out of your garden.