Old 17-07-2004, 05:02 AM
John Moorhead

Default Tough skinned veggies...

Folks -

Hello, I'm a newbie and have only recently begun to lurk, so this is my
first query... We have Early Girls just coming in (we live about 2 hrs east
of Ft Bragg, CA in about 75m from the coast - Lake County) The fruit has
kind of a mottled color - red and red/yellows speckling the fruit. The skin
is tougher than normal, but the taste is wonderful, also our zucchini are
thick skinned as well. Any ideas? We've been whacking things with Miracle
Grow, and everything looks happy.... Don't know what's missing, or what we
may have too much of.

If there's a more appropriate forum, my apologies... Just point me in the
right direction... I am usually over at rec.woodworking...

TIA,

John Moorhead