Old 17-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Andrew Lewis

Default scented lime trees

In England now it is the time of year that some lime trees have their
wonderful scent. Only some though, which makes me think that it may be
a different species that has the scent from the common lime. These
trees seem to have a darker leaf color than the common lime.

I went to the new shopping centre on the King's Road in London near
Sloane Square and there is a big scented lime there. I did not notice
any honeydew on the pavement below it. Perhaps this species does not
have the problem of aphid infestation that makes the common lime so
unsuitable for street planting.

Can anyone answer my questions?

Andy.